[Amps] Replacement tube for 4-1000a

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Replacement tube for 4-1000a
From: Dennis Goebel <radios1236@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 12:21:29 -0800 (PST)
I have found it increasingly difficult to locate good 4-1000a tubes. Just
wondering what would be a good replacement tetrode for the 4-1000a in grid
driven service. Not grounded grid.
Obviously it doesn't have to be the same socket or filament voltage as the
4-1000a.
It would be nice to come close to some of the other parameters so recreation of
the entire amp wouldn't be needed.
I have thought of the russian GS-23 or GU-74 series tetrodes. Or home grown
variety like 4CX1000 or the like. Most of these have pretty wimpy g1 and g2
parameters compared though.
Anyway I would like to get some opinions from the experts on the reflector.
thanks
Dennis