Re: [Amps] LK550 neg grid ... and bandswitch woes

To: "Gary Hinson" <Gary@isect.com>, "'Dick Green WC1M'" <wc1m73@gmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] LK550 neg grid ... and bandswitch woes
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 19:07:47 -0500
Depending upon the model production date there are up to 2 unused bandswitch
positions( 6 was the basic and the switch supports 8 positions); some were
factory configured to add 12 and 17M. If you have an unused position then
you can pull the switch back just enough with minimum unsoldering to get at
and remove the detent stop. Unless you are a contortionist with lots of
patience you probably wont move that stop to a new position so realize you
will now have 360 degree rotation.

Tap the coil 2-3 turns down from 20M and jumper the 20M input wafer to the
30M position. If you feel creative then add a 30M tuned input as the input
VSWR will still be poor.

At the power level youre running I dont see how/why 30M should affect
anything. Ive modified many LK-450 to LK-800's that run 800W, 1500W, and
beyond with no smoke....for our Northern neighbors who like to visit the
area on vacation.

Carl
KM1H