Re: [Amps] LK550 neg grid ... and bandswitch woes

To: "Ken Nicely" <ken@nicelyweb.com>, "Gary Hinson" <Gary@isect.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] LK550 neg grid ... and bandswitch woes
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 08:06:12 -0500
The Amp Supply chokes are 110uh and designed to be part of the 160M tank.
The bypass cap is supposed to stop any small amounts of RF from getting into
the PS but is too small a value IMO; I add a .0047 or larger 6KV disc.

If the rewind wasnt a close match then it could be a problem but I dont see
it causing a tube arc. More likely the new tube was Chinese or an older
Eimac that needed regettering.

Carl
KM1H