[Amps] Restoring DX-100

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Restoring DX-100
From: "Bob Good" <k4bg@planters.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 10:56:21 -0500
Gentlemen,  I learn daily from all the interesting posts.  I now have a
question.  I am in the process of restoring a DX-100 and am ready to apply high
voltage.  I have only run filaments  so far.  I am aware that the rectifier
filaments have to be hot before they will conduct to the capacitors and the
same transformer  supplies the filament as well as the low voltage stages.  I
have a Variac in line.  Since it is a common transformer supplying both
filament and LV, I do not know how I am going to slowly bring up the voltage to
the electrolytic since I have to have full filament voltage.......The same goes
for the HV to the finals and modulator.  In my old age I have perhaps forgotten
some of what I am supposed to know.  Just trying to do it correctly.  Any
suggestions would greatly appreciated.  thanks and "73,  Bob K4BG