Re: [Amps] AL-811 & 572's

To: "W7MJM" <w7mjm@arrl.net>, "aMPS" <amps@contesting.com>, "Bill Fuqua" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Subject: Re: [Amps] AL-811 & 572's
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:10:52 -0500
I can do almost that with 2 new tubes, 2400V, and 100W drive in a SB-200. Of
course its pushing them and the PS very hard and its 6M and only done for a
brief test. Multiband amps waste a lot of power going thru input and output
networks.

A slightly modified Clipperton L will do 1200W with 100W drive also at
2400V; Id own one of those before any 811 amp.

Carl
KM1H