Re: [Amps] SB-200 power supply diodes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-200 power supply diodes
From: "Paul Kraemer" <elespe@lisco.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 10:50:46 -0500
Excellent point Gerald
I also  wonder if any one has done the math or actually measured the
increase in diode / transformer current from arbitrarily increasing the
original filter cap size from the original 125 mfd to say 330 mfd in those
doubler supplies. I realize those original caps were probably 10 pct or more
over the labled value and the new one will likely be 10 pct under. Still, it
is a change and it does matter.
Someday I'm gonna take the HP 428 and actually measure before and after
transformer current, just out of curiousity.
Paul K0UYA