Re: [Amps] Alpha vs Henry

To: "'Carl'" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, "'Barrie Smith'" <barrie@centric.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha vs Henry
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 09:52:18 -0400
With IR how do you know if you are measuring actual tube envelope glass/seal
temp or the radiated heat itself?
Same when measuring exterior anode tubes. Are you seeing the tube structure
or the hot air coming out?
Probably a little easier on the exterior anode tube as you can move the IR
thermometer window down away from the air flow some.

73
Gary  K4FMX