Re: [Amps] Airflow meter

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Airflow meter
From: "Roger (sub1)" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 16:02:36 -0400
On 4/13/2011 1:17 PM, Jim Barber wrote:
> The peak flow meters I found in a casual web search all go up to 800
> liters/minute. Assuming I'm converting units correctly, that only works
> out to roughly 28 cubic feet/minute.
>
> Just as an example, the old Eimac data sheet for the 8877 says it
> requires 38 cubic feet/minute at sea level for continuous operation at
> 1500 watts anode dissipation.

True, but at 60% efficient you'd be running 2500 watts output and no one
runs them for all they are worth<:-))
Actually I don't think you can get quite that much out of one
How much air does it need for about 1000 watts dissipation which is
about what it should run to get 1500 watts output.

73

Roger (K8RI)