Re: [Amps] Airflow meter

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Airflow meter
From: Angel Vilaseca <avilaseca@bluewin.ch>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 11:17:05 +0200
The previous generation of airflow meters used a duct with a hinged flap
inside, which was turned by the airflow. The flap was connected to a
potentiometer. The potentiometer is designed to be connected to the ECU,
so obviously isn't calibrated in CFM!

The BOSCH L-Jetronic used this type of airflow meter. This was used in
cars up to the 1990s. Bosch then switched to the platinum-wire system.
The L-Jetronic is explained here:
http://www.hiperformancestore.com/Ljetronic.htm
Recently, I was able to find one such airflow meter for my vintage 1985
Fiat X19 for $20 on E***y.

73

Angel Vilaseca HB9SLV