Re: [Amps] wirewound resistor inductance/capacitance parameters

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] wirewound resistor inductance/capacitance parameters
From: "pc5m, Carel" <pc5m@xs4all.nl>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 11:15:42 +0200

Jim, thanks for your reply, however my goal is to see what can be
done with those low cost chassis mount resistors. The non-inductive
one's (or special thickfilm resistor) are much more expensive....

So,
I was hoping that someone had taken some data for those low cost ones?
In the meantime I did take some crude RF measurements and two 100 Ohm
50W resistors in parallel gave a 1:1.2 SWR (-20dB RL) at 2 MHz. That is
encouraging...but before I order a massive amount I would like to limit
the risk a bit more...

73's Carel.

On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 18:14:31
-0700, Jim W7RY wrote:

> There are LOTS of non inductive resistors out
there (thick film etc)!
> Consult the Mouser catalog. Download a Mouser
catalog at

> www.mouser.com [6]
> 73
> Jim W7RY

wondering if someone had some RF data (inductance/capacitance, or even
better a spice model..) of the general available low cost aluminum
housed high power (e.g. 50W) resistors for chassis mount? Example are
the Vishay NH series ( http://www.vishay.com/docs/30201/30201.pdf [2])
but also Welwyn and Ohmite run comparable products. Goal would be to
construct some high-power (kW's) dummy oad for 160mtrs (so only
reasonable well reflectionloss needed till 2 MHz..). Did google a bit
but didn't found anything useful. Thanks in advance, Carel
10.0.1321 / Virus Database: 1500/3579 - Release Date: 04/17/11

Links:
------
[1] http://www.vishay.com/docs/30201/30201.pdf
[2]