Re: [Amps] Power handling of an SMA

To: Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Power handling of an SMA
From: "Joe Giacobello, K2XX" <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 17:44:49 -0400
  I learned the pre-tinning and tubing cutter trick that Karl describes
from a W6SAI book on wire antennas.  Some time back I learned the trick
of roughing up the surface around the PL-259's holes.  I'm far less
thorough than Ian in that I simply lightly run the file around the
surface.  It does make a world of difference in solderability.  I
assumed the problem might have arisen from residual release agents that
were used in the connector's manufacture.

73, Joe
K2XX