[Amps] Some PS questions

To: Amps reflector <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Some PS questions
From: Vic K2VCO <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 11:32:25 -0700
1) I'm building an amplifier with a separate power supply with the negative
output
isolated from ground to allow for plate current metering. The meter will be
located in the
RF unit. Where should the safety resistor between B- and ground be located? In
the power
supply or in the amp?

2) What's the current thinking about shunt capacitors across rectifiers? I am
going to use
a bridge with 5 6A10's in each leg. They are all from the same batch (at least,
they came
on the same tape). Do they need capacitors? I will have MOVs in the primary
circuit.

--
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA