Re: [Amps] Big tubes AND THE SOCKETS FOR THEM

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Big tubes AND THE SOCKETS FOR THEM
From: Gene May <gene-may@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 19:37:18 -0400
I've recently learned the hard way that if you are looking for power tubes for
making an amplifier, the search for the tubes can be the easiest part of the
quest.  It took me longer to find sockets for 4CX600J's than it did for the
tubes, and "on the way" I saw some truly frightening prices for the sockets --
some higher than the tubes themselves.  Chimneys were easier, there were
acceptable prices from RF Parts.  Be patient and look WIDELY.

Gene May  WB8WKU

. . . . .