[Amps] Photos posted of high voltage test setup of a YC-176

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Photos posted of high voltage test setup of a YC-176
From: LB3HC <rezycle.bin@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 20:44:57 +0200
I just hipot tested my recently acquired YC-176 vacuum tube that is intended
for a possible future project. It  leaks less than 15uA at 16KV A to G. I have
not yet applied heater current as there is no gettering material at the cathode
if I have interpreted the data sheets correct. You can see some images of the
tube and the hipot tester here if you are interested
http://www.lb3hc.net/?p=1116 I assume I have a good tube when it shows that low
leakage at 16KV (DC). Any opinions on that?

73
LB3HC