Re: [Amps] 3cx800a7 Grid Current Problem

To: at6c@bellsouth.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3cx800a7 Grid Current Problem
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 21:40:22 -0500 (EST)
About a month ago, JE1BMJ reported a similar problem with his SB1000. In
his case, the problem was found to be inadequate bypassing of the plate rf
choke. Apparently enough rf was reaching the bypass capacitor to heat it up
and  cause it to change value and that was enough to detune the plate circuit.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 1/25/2012 7:20:22 P.M. Central Standard Time,