Re: [Amps] 3CX800A7 Grid Current Problem

To: paab@valornet.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3CX800A7 Grid Current Problem
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 17:06:40 -0500 (EST)
The HF-1250 SHOULD have a grid trip circuit.  Check your manual.   Most
ceramic tube amps running 3CX800 and 8877 tubes will present very high  grid
current out of tune.  The grid current rises VERY quickly as drive is
increased but drops like a rock once the loading is increased.  Therefore,  one
must load up in small increments and be quick to advance the loading once  the
key is down.

In a message dated 1/25/2012 5:00:43 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,