Re: [Amps] 3CX800A7 Grid Current Problem

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3CX800A7 Grid Current Problem
From: Rick Stealey <rstealey@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 02:41:05 +0000

> I stand corrected for not confirming my memory (-; this was 25 or so years
> ago.

YOU are a scholar and a gentleman, and a great resource when the subject is
amplifiers, for sure.

I was a young engineer back about 1971-72 at Bell Labs, Whippany.  (W2TW).
Jerry came to a ham club
meeting once at noontime and gave a talk about his short verticals.  He later
published his experiments
in QST.  As I remember, a big problem he had was how to feed power into such a
low Z.  So he
began investigating toroid transformers.  He lived about 10 miles from me, and
his little verticals
sure laid down a big signal out my way.
He may have been a director (a big position) but when he got with his ham
buddies he was just
one of us.

Rick  K2XT