Re: [Amps] Buying Stolen Tubes?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Buying Stolen Tubes?
From: "Dave" <dave@g8kbv.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 09:36:01 -0000
> Would you buy it?

Probably not, but not because of any "shady" history as documented, I did
read the story, plausable but no proof.

But anyway.  I wouldnt buy that one purely because I do not know how
carefully it was removed, as in handling care, those things get fragile
after a lot of use, plus you don't know if it was allowed to fully cool
down (filament/cathode) before being pulled, and though it was an
ex-employee who removed it, you have to wonder how the dent on the side
of the anode cooler got there.

Regards.

Dave G0WBX.

PS:     Saw an Ameritron 811 (I think) amp for sale in the junk hall at
yesterdays Wythall rally, £450 I think they were asking, and no idea as
to if any sort of functionality, or even if the bottle was in there.

It looked like something from the 1960's.