Re: [Amps] Transfer Lettering

To: "Roger \(K8RI\)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Transfer Lettering
From: "Jeff Blaine" <keepwalking188@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 00:04:32 -0500
For things that are not "works of art" - which a big amp project (given the
cost and time invested) may be considered, the brother P-touch provides very
nice results.  I use it for all the basic equipment labeling around here
where I want something that looks well done.

The key to this method is that you can buy a variety of colors (I use a lot
of white on clear, white on black, black on white, black on clear) and size
the tape width to the need at hand.  And the computer application lets you
WYSIWYG the label including whatever art kinds of things you want to put on.
It's not as perfect as excellent as a crisp silk screen or as low profile
dry transfer - but both of these methods have serious drawbacks (cost, time,
alignment and sizing/surface complications).

For about $100 a guy can have the gadget and a couple of tapes that would
cover the majority of his needs.  It is fast as well as having the benefit
of giving something you can look at and hold up in front of the equipment -
before committing to the finished product.  Cover with a light shot of satin
clear or gloss and the depth of the tape is minimized.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie