Re: [Amps] Transfer Lettering

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Transfer Lettering
From: Bryan Swadener <bswadener@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 17:57:08 -0700 (PDT)
Ditto.  Dry transfer lettering CAN be made to look great.  I've used it on my
projects, dating back to the early 70s with great results.  After choosing the
materials, it's all about technique.  Steady hands and sharp eyes helps a lot.
Or, was that sharp hands and steady eyes?

vy 73,
Bryan WA7PRC

Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 10:31:09 -0500
From: Jim W5IFP

I have used dry transfers for many projects over the years. I usually paint
the surface with spray primer based on desired final color. Then apply the
decals and spray the entire panel with a coat of clear Lacquer. It gives the
surface and lettering a much better look. it also bonds the lettering to the
panel. I have a homebrewed linear (2 X 4-400s)that I built in 1979 and the
panel and lettering still look like new.

73s de Jim
W5IFP