Re: [Amps] PL-259 and SO-239 cable attachments

To: <W4ABW@aol.com>, <gene-may@hotmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] PL-259 and SO-239 cable attachments
From: "Steve Katz" <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 14:15:26 -0700

Another question if I may that's very easy but not to me yet. If I use a
larger coax 'tween my exciter and my amp will that give a lil more
output ?
I am using the smaller coax now that Alpha supplied when I bought my
Alpha
89  years ago.

Just wondering.
Al
W4ABW

Wow, you bought an Alpha 89 years ago?  I didn't know Dick was that old.
:-)

Seriously, I doubt it.  Alphas are pretty low-drive amplifiers that for
the most part don't even need 100W drive.  The ones I've owned will run
full power with 40-60W drive, so why worry about 1/4 dB in the
interconnecting cable?

-WB2WIK