Re: [Amps] PL-259 and SO-239 cable attachments

Subject: Re: [Amps] PL-259 and SO-239 cable attachments
From: "Alex Eban" <alexeban@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 09:27:12 +0300
A valid point!
It seems to me that, originally, RF cabling was almost universally in the
hands of knowledgeable people, technicians and amateurs.
They would have been much more aware of the possible dangers than the
general population. This was not the situation in the electrical area.
So this is what became customary.
Besides most manufacturers installed SO-259 on equipment because it was
cheaper than pt PL-239.
Did you try to find bulkhead mounted PL-239's? it seems nobody makes them
and the only manufacturer I've senn using the was Bird.
Alex    4Z5KS