Re: [Amps] 4-5000 and others

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 4-5000 and others
From: Manfred Mornhinweg <manfred@ludens.cl>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 18:43:07 +0000
Hello,

I was just looking on the web for the large air cooled tube I remember,
and I found a photo of a Western Electric tube that looks quite a lot
like the one I have in mind, although the size isn't given. Here is the
photo:

http://www.xcvcorp.com/PIC00052.jpg

And just in case if the direct link to the photo doesn't work, it's on
this page, about 20% down.

http://www.xcvcorp.com/Electronics%20Museum%20HTML.html

This COULD be the same tube the Radio Club Concepcion had on display,
but I haven't seen that one in 25 years, so I'm not sure.

Anybody knows this bottle? Is this really a transmitting tube, as stated
on the page? It seems to have just two pins at the base. The handle-like
structure might be the grid connection, though...

Manfred