Re: [Amps] Question about separate power supply/RF section amp

To: k2vco.vic@gmail.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Question about separate power supply/RF section amp
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 20:59:33 -0500 (EST)
Hi Vic, as you say, installing another diode inside the amplifier can't
hurt so why not?

The only downside that comes to mind is that the added diode could be the
one that fails due to an arc and might be more work to replace than one in
the  separate power supply.

You no doubt have included a B+ surge resistor in the amplifier or the
power supply to limit fault current. With a well chosen primary fuse size one
would hope the diodes would be protected from an over current failure.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 1/17/2013 3:35:11 P.M. Central Standard Time,