Re: [Amps] Anyone recognize this amp / circuit?

To: "Mark Beckwith" <r-emails@n5ot.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Anyone recognize this amp / circuit?
From: "Jim Hargrave" <w5ifp@gvtc.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 16:52:08 -0500
Mark,

Try the 1987 ARRL handbook. The 2x4-400 amp is described on page 30-40.
Title "An economy 2 KW Amplifier"

I built mine (2 tubes) from scratch in 1979. I switch sections of
BC-610 RF coils for the Pi network and it covers 80-10M.
Its still plugging along.

The 4-400 tubes are rated to 110 Mhz, so it can be configured for 6M.

    73s de Jim
       W5IFP