Re: [Amps] Getting a blower out of the shack

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Getting a blower out of the shack
From: Rick Stealey <rstealey@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 11:42:18 +0000
Thanks to each of you who replied with suggestions for my idea of remoting my
amp blower.  I now have a good idea of what to look for as far as the
components go, and will be making my first shopping visit today, looking around
Home Depot because I need to get more spray paint there for the rack that will
hold the amp.  This project is part of a shack rebuild that began in January
with the complete teardown of the walls in my shack.  I have insulated the
walls, provided an access panel for all I/O, and now want to make the HUGE
improvement of reducing the noise that my 8877 amp makes.  Your suggestions
have been very valuable.
Rick   K2XT