Re: [Amps] Trade: 3 solid state HF amps for 1

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Trade: 3 solid state HF amps for 1
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 14:20:15 -0700
On 4/14/2013 1:33 PM, Chris Wilson wrote:
Any idea what sort of power one would give with 10 watts drive? I have
downloaded the manual but it does not seem to give a gain figure.
Thanks.

The FCC limits gain of commercially manufactured amps; I think I remember that the number is 14 or 15 dB. If that's correct, and it's certainly close, 10W could get you something like 200-250W and still be in compliance. I've found my Herc II easy to drive, but I've never taken the time to read input and output power with a reasonably well calibrated wattmeter.

73, Jim K9YC