Re: [Amps] chassis maker?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] chassis maker?
From: Colin Lamb <k7fm@teleport.com>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 07:02:31 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
It is not too difficult to build your own chassis.  Laying out the metal (with
all the required ears) is the most demanding part.  A shear is not necessary.
Cutting  exactly is the most difficult part, but metal fab shops can cut it to
shape.  Although I have a large metal brake, the $50 work quite well.  For
boxes, I just saw up some surplus angle iron that is the proper length.  To
finish the boxes, pop rivets can be used, although real rivets look much
better.  A hand riveter will do most of the riveting required for a box.

Find a new friend who is building a metal airplane.  Chances are they have all
the tools and will help you learn how to do it.  Or, build an airplane to give
you the skill to build a box.

73,  Colin  K7FM