Re: [Amps] SB200 on 6M

To: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB200 on 6M
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 14:27:06 -0400

I'm converting a SB200 for 6M. What's the best configuration for the
Anti-Parasitic Choke?

Thanks

- Paul

## dunno. BUT if the 2 watt carbon comp resistors heat up, use more of em in parallel, OR use a small 7-10-15 watt GLOBAR. You can still buy the small globars with wire leads out each end..still on their website. Dunno what the min order is though.

## On several 4-1000 HF amps from years ago, we would use five of those carbon comp resistors
in parallel...end of heating problems.

Jim  VE7RF

Having to use a high wattage resistor on such a small tube as a 572B means you havent a clue about suppressor design, and simply use a generic brute force method.

Carl
KM1H