[Amps] spray on paint

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] spray on paint
From: Paul Decker <kg7hf@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 16:13:52 +0000 (UTC)
The ceramic chip and spray paint wasn't very well thought out.

What gave me the idea is that I use copper based paint as bottom paint on my
fiberglass boat.  I know there is some sort of capacitance between internal
systems and the copper paint through the hull (as well as interaction with
dissimilar metals)

The other thing that gave me the idea is that we have some plates which are
painted with gold paint and are very interesting when you place them in the
microwave oven, you see nice sparks from the lines of the paint while the china
does not seem to be affected.

But I'm fairly certain the copper based bottom paint is conductive and my "low
tek" solution would be to simply have small ceramic chips dipped or sprayed
with the paint.

One paint candidate may be:
http://www.mgchemicals.com/products/protective-coatings/emi-rfi-shielding/super-shield-silver-copper-843/

As far as ceramic chips, I was originally thinking of a "roll your own"
solution, take your xyl's nice fine china place and "oops" now you have lots of
chips.

Paul

Amps] Advice needed for SS amp  Message-ID: <51B62207.2020801@ludens.cl>
missed much of the thread on making capacitors, but what about  > using ceramic
"chips" and copper spray?   I assume that with "copper spray" you mean some
sort of conductive paint   containing copper flakes? I don't think this would
have enough   conductivity to carry large RF current. Or do you mean something
different? And ceramic "chips"? I frankly don't know what you mean! Well, some
 thin, stable, low loss ceramic wafers would indeed be good candidates   for
metallization by some means, but where do you get any?        Manfred
========================  Visit my hobby homepage!  http://ludens.cl