Re: [Amps] Clipperton-L question

To: "Larry" <w6nws@arrl.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Clipperton-L question
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 11:18:28 -0400
Just as I suspected Larry, its very common.

That is a standard Centralab switch so finding a suitable wafer shouldnt be too hard on fleabay, hamfests, etc. As long as the replacement has 2 positions all the others can be ignored. Get some GC or similar HV Corona dope and brush on the suspet metal areas; theat stuff has a 30KV rating.

Hard wiring for SSB only is a bad idea for 2 reasons.

1. Much higher surge current

2. Easier to destroy tubes and other parts during tuning.

Always power on and tune in CW. Switching to SSB doesnt require retuning.

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry" <lknain@nc.rr.com>