[Amps] Sum and end of 220VAC two-pin

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>, "bolingce@gmail.com" <bolingce@gmail.com>, Bob Kupps <n6bk@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Amps] Sum and end of 220VAC two-pin
From: Charles Harpole <k4vud@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 22:42:15 +0000
I got lots of answers to my query about my home wall sockets supplying 230VAC
but having no indication of which pin did what.

This seems to be a sum.......

1.  Electric supply systems, the "electric company," in Thailand provides a Hot
and a Neutral, not a hot and ground.  Neutral here is not grounded at my house,
not on the power pole, and I can find no earth ground at the larger transformer
installation down my street (maybe the ground wire is inside the concrete
poles?  unlikely).

2.  I should not add an earth ground to my neutral line at my home.  Neutral,
or "return line," should float.

3.  I should find the hot side of my wall sockets (I did) and be sure my ham
gear on and off switches do switch the hot side where that info can be found
(inside amps is easier than a modern transceiver).  I also installed a DPST
breaker that kills both sides of the line as a Big Switch on my ham table.

I have all my radio gear cases/chassis connected to earth ground at the shack.
I have keyed all ham gear plugs/sockets so the hot and neutral are the same to
each radio or amp.  I have connected the Third Wire, round pin on USA style
plugs, on all my ham gear sockets to my shack ground.  I have added in-line
fuses in the AC power cords to BOTH sides of the lines on my ham gear.

Thanks to all who wrote.  73,

Charles Harpole
k4vud@hotmail.com