[Amps] Screen current problem solved!

To: Amps reflector <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Screen current problem solved!
From: Vic K2VCO <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2013 08:19:22 -0800
   Yesterday I reported that the screen current of my 4CX1000A was dropping
   when  the  key was down for more than 10 seconds or so. Several of you
   suggested that some component in the tank circuit or screen supply was
   heating up.
   Well, I found it. The dummy load! Sometimes you don't see the nose in front
   of your face. I have a dummy load which is a Drake '1000-watt' unit that I
   added several muffin fans to. I guess the fans weren't cooling it fast
   enough -- the actual resistor element is rated at 500 watts -- so it was
   heating up, changing in value, and therefore changing the loading.
--
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA