Re: [Amps] Screen current problem solved!

To: "Vic K2VCO" <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>, "Amps reflector" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Screen current problem solved!
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 20:08:14 -0500
Its those little things that bite you on the a**.

Been there done that and is why I bought a 3000 W CCS RCA load, built by Bird, with a tapered snout and rated to 1000 mc at a hamfest almost 30 years ago. It included a seperate 5" wattmeter in a cabinet, and a set of 250 and 1500W slugs for the 400-1200mc range, total of 4 elements. It works fine at 1296 with barely a tickle of VSWR and is still useable at 2304.

All for $125 since others passed on it as they werent intelligent enough to realize it works fine at VHF and below also (-; This was even before no coders and make believe Extras !!

The resistor is still within 2% of 50 Ohms and based upon the mc ratings it has to built before the pointy heads forced that EU crap on us. I do turn on a pair of larger size muffin fans when pushing or exceeding the 3KW.

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "Vic K2VCO" <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>