Re: [Amps] Plate Choke question

To: Hardy Landskov <n7rt@cox.net>, Leigh Turner <invertech@frontierisp.net.au>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Plate Choke question
From: peter chadwick <g8on@fsmail.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 11:22:51 +0100
So it's still about 320mA and 1.5 volts across the bypass cap. If Q =150, 3
watts in the choke, Q=75, 6 watts in the choke, etc.

Actually, depending on the bypass cap and the length of leads, it could be
rather more.

All of which is why you really need two chokes in a L-c-L-c arrangement. The
second choke is almost anything that can handle the DC.

73

Peter G3RZP

 Message Received: Nov 10 2013, 12:31 AM