Re: [Amps] All the recent UHF connector discussion

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] All the recent UHF connector discussion
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 20:46:57 -0800
On 11/13/2013 4:41 PM, Carl wrote:
Ive also heard many in the weak signal UHF community say that the VSWR reaches a peak at around 432 and then slowly decreases to where it is again useable at 903 and 1296.

Larry has done some very nice work here, which I've used by adding cable to those connectors -- one pair to connect the cable to the source, and a second pair for connection to a load.

k9yc.com/UHFConnectorImpedance.pdf

The only thing I changed in Larry's connector model is the loss in the section of transmission line that describes the connector to a value I believe is much more realistic for conductors the size of a mated pair of UHF connectors.

Looking at this, I don't see a need for compensation.

73, Jim K9YC