Re: [Amps] meter behavior

To: "dfmich@comcast.net" <dfmich@comcast.net>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] meter behavior
From: "Fuqua, Bill L" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 04:58:42 +0000
 I have a number of GE panel meters. They mostly have odd scales but all the
movements are well damped
taught band 100uA F.S..
   I had a CAD program some years ago set up to print out new scales onto paper
and cut them out
, open the meter and glue them in over the old scale. However, discovered a
problem. It seemed that
after a while for some strange reason the paper scale would develop a static
charge and the needle would
start sticking.
  My tech. discovered a neat solution. He simply sprayed the new paper scale
with clear krylon and the\
problem went away.
  73
Bill wa4lav