Re: [Amps] UHF connector discussion For Dummies

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] UHF connector discussion For Dummies
From: Jim W7RY <w7ry@centurytel.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 19:50:47 -0800

Summary for people like me.... IT DOESN'T MATTER.

73
Charles Harpole k4vud@hotmail.com
Well Charles,

if something was done and it was done wrong, then it would matter, as
the results would be invalid. The effect of the SMA to BNC adapter is
not accounted for, and depending on how the VNA was calibrated, could
cause significant errors. But Larry has done some other tests (not
mentioned), that indicates his results are valid.

There's a lot of people creating web pages, claiming all sorts of
wierd and wonderful things, but are seriously in error, but seem
believable to others. Here is one example

http://www.rason.org/Projects/collant/collant.htm

What's wrong with this site? Lets be specific here! Not just deal in generalities.

73
Jim W7RY

but there are many other web pages like, especially on antennas, where
many hams write complete and utter rubbish, but it looks well
presented and believable.

Dave