Re: [Amps] Force cooled heatsink aerodynamics

To: Markku Oksanen <markku.a.oksanen@kolumbus.fi>, "alan@g3xaq.net" <alan@g3xaq.net>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Force cooled heatsink aerodynamics
From: "Fuqua, Bill L" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 22:24:35 +0000
   Ok, take a close look at the fan.
1. There is an area in the center that produce no air. So the fins up against
that have no air flow.
2. Most of the air from the fan comes out around the blade tips. That is the
fastest moving part of the blades
    and centrifugal force slings the air out in that direction as well. If you
set a fan in the open you will feel the
    large quantity of air off to the side.

73
Bill wa4lav