Re: [Amps] SHV Connectors and B-

To: Paul Christensen <w9ac@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SHV Connectors and B-
From: MU 4CX250B <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 17:20:27 -0600
Paul, I don't believe there is any reason to treat a B- return as if
it were a B+ lead. With your planned diode clamps, B- will always be
within a few volts of chassis ground. Running a separate B- cable,
with its own connector, is potentially a dangerous situation. In some
circumstances, unplugging the B- connector could raise the entire RF
deck up to the B+ potential. In my opinion, it is far better to run
the B- wire in the same cable with the other control wires, so that if
the main control connector is unplugged everything safely shuts down.

Sent from my iPhone