Re: [Amps] Alpha 76 case screws

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 76 case screws
From: Bryan Swadener via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 23:16:16 +0000 (UTC)
Flat head screws most commonly fit countersunk holes with an 82 degree angle.
Less common is 100 degrees, which is typically used to secure thin materials.
While flat head screws are installed to be flush with the outer surface of
materials, also available are oval head screws that intentionally rise above
the surface for a decorative appearance.
This link shows that those are the two types of machine screws that use a
countersunk hole: http://www.mcmaster.com/#about-machine-screws/=uwa8o3. Note
that machine screw threads aren't the ONLY type of screw that can be used in a
countersunk hole. They're also available in other thread styles.
vy 73,Bryan WA7PRC