Re: [Amps] Alpha Input SWR

To: Jim W7RY <w7ry@centurytel.net>, KB8NTY <kb8nty@wowway.com>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha Input SWR
From: MICHAEL HUGHES <mhughes149@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 21:13:01 -0500
There is a web site "RFDUDE.com".  There is a free, easy to use Smith Chart
Program there.

Changing the length of the transmission line merely moves the complex impedance
around the VSWR circle.  Start with a complex impedance of say, 30 -j20.  Then
insert a piece of transmission line.  You can change the length of the
transmission line by using the up and down arrows on your keyboard.  The
impedance does change but it is still on the VSWR circle and is not normalized
to 50 ohms.

I think someone mentioned this when this question first surfaced.

Handy little program.

Mike  NY9Y