Re: [Amps] The genius of ham radio

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] The genius of ham radio
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 22:53:53 -0800
On Mon,1/12/2015 6:56 PM, Fuqua, Bill L wrote:
I don't know the answer. Perhaps there is a way to get the ARRL back on track.
It takes someone in the upper ranks there who can see the Handbook for what it
is
and get seek out the authors that can contribute to it and also start serious
peer
review rather than mutual pats on each others backs.

Perhaps you (and others) should read recent editions of the Handbook before criticizing it. I have, and I've also contributed stuff. I know both the prior editor, N6BV) (now retired) and the current one, Ward Silver, N0AX. Both are very sharp guys, and know their stuff cold. Ward consistently writes excellent stuff for QST -- indeed, it's almost the only thing in QST that doesn't make me cringe.

Ward took over the Handbook about 4 years ago, and has been working hard at improving it. The latest version of the Antenna Book is is first, and he's hard at work on that too.

73, Jim K9YC