Re: [Amps] High Voltage Wire

To: "'Wally'" <wklinn@hotmail.com>, "'Gary \"Joe\" Mayfield'" <gary_mayfield@hotmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] High Voltage Wire
From: "Jim Garland" <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 15:18:38 -0700
I've lately been using high temperature stranded red test lead wire, 10KV
rated, silicone insulation. It's sold by MCM Electronics, part number
201-125,  $25.95 for a 50 ft coil and is made by Pomona Electronics. Find it
at
http://electronics.mcmelectronics.com/search?cataf=&view=list&w=test+lead+wi
re&x=0&y=0

You can also get it in black. It's very flexible and durable, and easy to
route around chasses or to fit inside expandable sleeving with other wires.
It's thinner diameter and much more flexible than spark plug wire or the HV
cable I'd used in the past.  Be careful not to order the PVC insulated wire,
which is a lot cheaper but is not as flexible, and doesn't resist soldering
irons and high temperature.
73,
Jim W8ZR