Re: [Amps] ceramic vs glass / Eastern Bloc vs USA Tx tubes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] ceramic vs glass / Eastern Bloc vs USA Tx tubes
From: "Leigh Turner" <invertech@frontierisp.net.au>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 13:17:03 +1030
No Carl, I just have a stingy reading Bird 43 PEP power meter with needle
stiction and dicky peak-hold time constants...what's a few dB between
friends anyhow? :-)

Australia's archaic and anachronistic Tx power regulations for the amateur
radio service are currently under review to bring them into line with
international norms after a 1 kW trial last year; the stumbling block to
being enshrined into new regs was the perception of Joe Six-Pack ham's poor
understanding of their obligations with respect to EMR issues and human
exposure to antenna fields. That education phase is being addressed by our
WIA national body to the satisfaction of our ACMA regulator.

Cheers