Re: [Amps] Astron Power Supply replies

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Astron Power Supply replies
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 22:41:57 -0800
On Wed,1/28/2015 6:50 PM, Gary Smith wrote:
Thank you all so much for the replies regarding upgrades, suggestions
and green wire dealings with my two Astron power supplies. The only
reason I asked that here was the mention of the green neutral being
left in a floating condition on at least some of the Astron PS.

The Green wire is EQUIPMENT GROUND, NOT NEUTRAL. Caps added for emphasis. The neutral MUST carry the load current, the Green Wire must NOT carry load current. The primary function of the Green Wire is to blow a fuse if by some fault the chassis becomes "hot" with line voltage, thus protecting from electrical shock.

73, Jim K9YC