Re: [Amps] GS35B Gassy, or Arcing?

To: nemo zilch <nemozilch@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] GS35B Gassy, or Arcing?
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 17:22:28 -0600
So you did this test with a cold filament, but AFTER you gettered it? Okay.

I don't really feel qualified to offer you any further advice in this
situation; but re-reading your post, my gut feeling is that it'll be OK at
the max rated voltage. But what happens when the filament is on? Does it
break down at a lower voltage?

One thing is for sure, you did right to hi-pot it the way you did. It
reminded me that I forgot about passing that advice onto the the GI-7BT ham
I mentioned. (I was going to use a negative ion generator HV power supply
to do that, which is already current limited.)

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com