Re: [Amps] Acom 2000A - typical output power?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Acom 2000A - typical output power?
From: donroden@hiwaay.net
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 11:55:52 -0500
## You dont even want to know about urban legend and rumour, because its not. When the little guy gets stomped on long enough....he has only so many options left.. and winning the power ball isnt one of them. Back in 1969-1970, folks running a SB-220, in CW mode, driving a HB 4x5 tube, with the screen + grid strapped to ground to make a high mu triode..then into RG-17...was normal..at least here on the west coast. Nothing has changed since, I know all the players. 3 x 4-1000s was not out of the norm, and pairs of them was standard procedure. These days, its all metal tubes. 5-10-25 kw
bird /coaxial dynamics slugs still fly off the shelves.  Ok, end of rant.

Jim  VE7RF

I recall when *inserting the "L-network"* was code for turning on the 30L-1 between the 32S-3 and the pair of 1000s.

Don W4DNR