Re: [Amps] Acom 2000A - typical output power?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Acom 2000A - typical output power?
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 15:32:37 -0400
"##  I though the 9500 used small RJ1-A  type  vac relays ???   Those things
are not loud."

The 9500 we have at the remote site is an older unit and uses Jennings RF-1,
not RJ-1A relays (or their Gigavac/Kilovac equivalent).  It's much easier to
mechanically isolate the RJ-1A versus the RF-1.    Also, the 9500's stepper
motors groan loudly when AlphaMax is active and is adjusting plate
optimum setting.  The blower noise in our unit is not offensive.

I want to emphasize this is what I'm reporting on the 9500 at our remote
Internet site.  Later production units seem to have gone through
evolutionary changes for the better.  If these operating noises are a
concern to anyone, investigate the unit's production vintage prior to
purchasing a used 9500.

Concerning OM Power, the unit I described may not yet have FCC
certification; other OM amps do.  Use due-diligence if making a purchase,
but I just can't imagine OM nor Array selling and distributing in the U.S.
prior to certification.

Paul, W9AC