Re: [Amps] Titan 425 will not turn on

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Titan 425 will not turn on
From: "Joe Giacobello, K2XX via Amps" <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 14:49:22 -0400
I've sold my Titans, but besides the HV cable you need the low voltage cable between the P/S and RF deck. IIRC, the power switching is done through that cable. (Make sure the green dot faces up when you plug the cable into the Molex socket.) Also, IIRC, there is a power switch on the P/S together with voltage selector and fan speed switches. Some of the earlier units may not have had the voltage selector or fan speed switches.

73, Joe
K2XX

Jim Brown <mailto:jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Tuesday, October 25, 2016 2:03 AM
There is a nearly complete set of schematics on my website. k9yc.com/publish.htm I put them together about 10 years ago to help myself with troubleshooting the keying logic in one of the three I own.

The power switch is on the RF deck. Power is interlocked -- there are one or two micro-switches at the rear of the RF deck, so the top cover must be firmly in place (with the rear-most screws tight) for the switches to make so the amp can turn on. I don't remember if there are any in the PSU.

73, Jim K9YC

Ken Asmus <mailto:ken.asmus@gmail.com>
Saturday, October 22, 2016 6:55 PM
I am trying to sell some equipment from a local ham who is ill. One of the
items received is a Ten-Tec Titan 425 amp.

This amp does not power up. Fuses on the external power supply are ok. The
High Voltage interconnect cable is ok.

There does not appear to be a power switch on the external amp. Is the
external power supply controlled from the main amp or is it always on when
connected to AC?

Any suggestions on where to start?

Thanks,
Ken VA3KA